Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Saturated


There's a sweet email that you get every once in a while about why women cry.
Basically it says that God made women really strong. Strong enough to deal with birth and stress and loss. Compassionate enough to feel our friend's pain. Brave enough to die to protect our children. Women were built to take on the weight of the world. And the gift that God gave them to shoulder all of this heartache was the gift of tears.

Today I am saturated.

I've taken on as much as I possibly can. I have no more to give. I cannot take any more work, any more stress. My brain is full.
I needed to cry.

I cried all day. Through a disagreement with a co-worker, through a sales proposal I wrote. I cried over my piece of chicken at lunch and through a confrontation with my boss. I cried on the way home. I cried until I had no more tears.

For I had to make room for more.

I had to make room for more work, more stress, more angst. And in order to do that I had to wring some out.

So today I cried. That was my gift.