Friday, May 22, 2009

This is Life


I've long awaited a place that I could speak from the heart. Where I could speak what's on my mind, those private thoughts that I don't typically share with others. I'm hoping this will be it. I want my blogs to be about anything, anything current, anything spiritual, anything creative, challenging or hopeful.

I've always kept a journal, even way back when I was 8 or 9, I still have that Betsy Clark journal. I have all my journals. They tell a story of my life. I guess I feel the notion to write when life has me down. My Mom used to say, "maybe you can't tell the other person how you feel, but you can write it out", and I did. I wrote out my anger at times, my personal fears, my longing for success, my struggles, my hopes and desires. When I was really upset, I'd sit down and write, by the time I came to the end of the page, I felt better. Maybe nothing was resolved, but some how it resolved itself in my mind. No one has ever read my journals, they are very private thoughts, but maybe it's time for that to change.